Energy Star is a program designed to encourage energy efficient practices that help reduce greenhouse gas emissions. By identifying and promoting energy saving products, the initiative helps protect the environment and lowers energy bills at the same time.
Energy efficient choices can save families about a third on their energy bills with similar savings of greenhouse gas emissions, without sacrificing features, style or comfort.
Energy Star qualifies an increasingly wide range of products that include major appliances, heating and cooling equipment, lighting equipment, office equipment, and home electronics. In 2005, energy efficient homes were added to the list of qualified products in Canada.
Features of a Triple M Energy Star Qualified Home
- Furnace: 94% AFUE with ECM (variable speed motor). Our furnaces comply with the rigorous Canadian efficiency requirements. As a result, your home uses less fuel and saves you money
- On-Demand Water Heater: On-demand water heaters only use energy when hot water is needed. There is no storage tank to keep water heated resulting in less fuel consumption.
- Low E Awning / Casement Windows: Our windows comply with Canada’s requirements for Energy Star qualified windows as they are Low E for reductions in heat loss and feature a casement / awning style to ensure a tight fitting seal when closed.
- Insulation Upgrades: Greater R-values reduce heat loss during the winter months and keep cool air in your home during the summer months. This in turn minimizes the usage the heating and cooling systems resulting in less energy consumption and cost savings.
- Compact Fluorescent Lighting: CFL lighting uses significantly less energy than conventional light bulbs. CFL light bulbs also last much longer than conventional bulbs saving on replacement costs.
- Energy Star Appliances: Energy Star Appliances use less energy than conventional appliances.
Each Energy Star home is "modeled" by a certified Energy Star advisor. Some homes may require more energy features than others.
To see current information and possible rebate programs please visit: